The position of Research Scientist entails managing and executing all aspects of an independent research project(s) as well as supporting ongoing projects, in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic work environment. Reporting to the Associate Director of Scientific Development and the Senior Vice-President of Research and Development, the Research Scientist will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team focused on translational research and drug development at Resverlogix Corp.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan and execute scientific experiments to support the Resverlogix research and development program.
- Participate in scientific discussions, presentations, data review and setting objectives including providing updates on the status of research and projects (data summaries).
- Compile data, write, format, proof-read, and provide a critical review of scientific documents with consistency and accuracy within allotted timelines (such as: presentations, scientific journal articles, regulatory reports, etc.).
- Review and stay informed of the scientific and clinical landscape in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Manage logistics for external research collaborations and projects.
- Keep organized and up-to-date records of lab work on various projects, and changing research objectives.
- Permanent residency and/or Canadian citizenship.
- Ph.D. degree in a biology-related discipline, preferentially with a strong background in innate immunity, autoimmune disorders, inflammation, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and / or thrombosis.
- Background in epigenetic research would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience. Experience in the biotechnology sector, particularly in development of small molecules, is preferred.
- Sound theoretical and technical knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Hands-on experience running lab experiments and equipment is required.
- Experience with characterization of complex biological systems and biological materials such as sera, proteins or lipids is an asset. Experience with human samples and / or cell lines is an asset.
- Ability to independently lead and drive multiple projects through critical assessment of the literature and protocol development according to both pre-set objectives and development of new objectives.
- Experience in handling complex data sets (high throughput screening or arrays such as bioinformatics and gene expression analysis) is preferred.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize work load and meet deadlines, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Proficiency with statistics programs such as GraphPad, and conducting statistical analyses (eg. regression, curve fitting, t-tests, etc.)
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with the following e-mail title: Application for Research Scientist.
Application deadline: March 1, 2017 - successful applicants may be contacted immediately throughout the job posting period for interviews.