Board of Directors
Donald McCaffrey is President & Chief Executive Officer of Resverlogix Corp. Don has over 35years of corporate management experience, including over 17 years in drug discovery & development. Don co-founded Resverlogix in 2001 with Dr. Norman Wong. Don’s expertise in corporate operations has attracted an international team of experts to Resverlogix, including world renowned Key Opinion Leaders in the fields of cardiology, endocrinology and nephrology. Lead drug, apabetalone (RVX-208) is well into a Phase 3 clinical trial called 'BETonMACE.' Apabetalone has an 8 year lead on the market as the first epigenetic drug for the reduction of Major Adverse Cardiac Events (MACE). Don has strategically directed Resverlogix in its continued partnering discussions with global pharmaceutical companies, establishing one of the largest China biotech partnerships to date with Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceuticals.
Don’s passion lies in supporting non-profit organizations, especially those that support education and the development of future generations of young scientists. Don’s personal donation to the Mount Royal University contributed to the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning, which supports student facilities within the health and sciences programs. The building is one of North America’s most environmentally sustainable, technologically advanced and designed for learning.
DR. ELDON R. SMITH
- Chair of the Advisory Board of the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta
- Emeritus Professor of Medicine at the University of Calgary
- Serves on the Boards of Zenith Epigenetics Corp., Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, Intellipharmaceutics International Inc., and Aston Hill Financial
- Prior positions include: Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary; Editor-in-Chief of the Canadian Journal of Cardiology; President of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society and the Association of Canadian Medical Colleges; Vice President of the Inter-American Society of Cardiology; served on the board for the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research, the Alberta Health Professions Advisory Board, and the Premier’s Advisory Council on Health in Alberta; Founder, President and Director of the Peter Lougheed Medical Research Foundation; Chair of the development of a National Strategy for Cardiovascular Health and Disease
- Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Augurex
- Chair of the Board of Directors of BioTalent Canada
- Prior positions include: Sales and Marketing at Pfizer, Amgen and Abbott Laboratories; Director of Corporate Market Development, Sales and Marketing at Stressgen Biotechnologies; CEO at Augurex; Senior Consultant with Aspreva Pharmaceuticals (business development, commercial and communications initiatives)
- Master of Business Administration
- Chief Financial Officer of Hepalink USA Inc.
- Prior positions include: Area Manager for BMO Bank of Montreal; TD Bank Residential Mortgage Manager; TD Bank Senior Financial Advisor; Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Corporate Finance, Shenzhen Hepalink Biopharmaceutical Co.; Vice President of Investment and Corporate Finance, Shenzhen FuTianXin Investment Co.; General Manager of Corporate Finance Department and Manager of Investment & Finance Department, China Merchant Shekou Port Co. Ltd.
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM)
- Certified Accountant and Certified Corporate Economist in China
- Master of Finance Management and a Master of Corporate Economics and Business Administration
- Chief Financial Officer at RTDS Technologies Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Zenith Epigenetics
- Prior positions include: Executive Vice President, Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer of IMRIS Inc.; Resverlogix Chief Financial Officer; General Manager of the Canadian operations for Haworth and Vice President of Finance for SMED
- Chartered accountant, B.Comm (Hons) and M.Acc from the University of Manitoba
KENNETH J. ZUERBLIS
- Member of the Board of Directors of Resverlogix Corp., Zenith Epigenetics Corp. and Stemline Therapeutics
- Prior positions include: Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President at ImClone Systems; Chief Financial Officer of Enzon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Corporate Controller; Management at KPMG, LLP
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Seton Hall University
- Certified public accountant in the State of New Jersey