President & Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Norman C.W. Wong, B.Sc (Hon), M.Sc, M.D., FRCP(C)
Chief Scientific Officer & Co-Founder
Brad Cann, CPA, CA, CBV
Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Ewelina Kulikowski, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Research & Development
Dr. Michael Sweeney, M.D.
Senior Vice President, Clinical Development
Kenneth Lebioda, BA
Senior Vice President, Business & Corporate Development
Dr. Jan O. Johansson, M.D., Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs
Dr. Henrik C. Hansen, Ph.D.
Vice President, Intellectual Property
Paul Moon, CPIR
Vice President, Investor Relations and Communications
Board of Directors
Mr. McCaffrey is President and Chief Executive Officer of Resverlogix Corp. He has over 38 years of corporate management experience including over 18 years in drug discovery & development. Don co-founded Resverlogix in 2001 with Dr. Norman Wong. Don’s expertise in corporate operations has attracted an international team of experts to the company, including world renowned Key Opinion Leaders in the fields of cardiology, endocrinology and nephrology. The company’s lead drug – apabetalone (RVX-208) – is currently in a fully-enrolled, Phase 3 clinical trial – BETonMACE. Due to Don’s efforts, apabetalone has an 8-year lead on the market as the first epigenetic drug for the reduction of Major Adverse Cardiac Events. Don has strategically directed the company in its continued partnering discussions with global pharmaceutical companies, establishing one of the largest China biotech partnerships to date with Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceuticals. Don is also the co-founder, President and CEO of Zenith Epigenetics, a private, clinical stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other disorders with significant unmet medical need.
Don’s passion lies in supporting non-profit organizations, especially those that support education and the development of future generations of young scientists. Don’s personal donation to the Mount Royal University contributed to the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning, which supports student facilities within the health and sciences programs. The building is one of North America’s most environmentally sustainable, technologically advanced and designed for learning.
- Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Augurex
- Chair of the Board of Directors of BioTalent Canada
- Prior positions include: Sales and Marketing at Pfizer, Amgen and Abbott Laboratories; Director of Corporate Market Development, Sales and Marketing at Stressgen Biotechnologies; Senior Consultant with Aspreva Pharmaceuticals (business development, commercial and communications initiatives)
- Master of Business Administration
- Chief Financial Officer of Hepalink USA Inc.
- Prior positions include: Area Manager for BMO Bank of Montreal; TD Bank Residential Mortgage Manager; TD Bank Senior Financial Advisor; Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Corporate Finance, Shenzhen Hepalink Biopharmaceutical Co.; Vice President of Investment and Corporate Finance, Shenzhen FuTianXin Investment Co.; General Manager of Corporate Finance Department and Manager of Investment & Finance Department, China Merchant Shekou Port Co. Ltd.
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM)
- Certified Accountant and Certified Corporate Economist in China
- Master of Finance Management and a Master of Corporate Economics and Business Administration
- Chief Executive Officer at RTDS Technologies Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Zenith Capital Corp.
- Prior positions include: Executive Vice President, Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer of IMRIS Inc.; Resverlogix Chief Financial Officer; General Manager of the Canadian operations for Haworth and Vice President of Finance for SMED
- Chartered accountant, B.Comm (Hons) and M.Acc from the University of Manitoba
- Partner of ORI Capital
- Over 25 years of experience in structure, transaction and tax advisory
- Prior positions include: Partner and Managing Director at RSM Hong Kong, and 10 years working with the Hong Kong and Shanghai offices of Arthur Andersen
- Bachelor of Economics, The University of Hong Kong
- Member of the Board of Directors of Resverlogix Corp., Zenith Capital Corp. and Stemline Therapeutics
- Prior positions include: Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President at ImClone Systems; Chief Financial Officer of Enzon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Corporate Controller; Management at KPMG, LLP
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Seton Hall University
- Certified public accountant in the State of New Jersey