Employees have the greatest impact on the success and value of Resverlogix. It is for this reason that we have fostered an environment that provides recognition, rewards and empowerment.
The position of Research Scientist entails managing and executing all aspects of an independent research project(s) as well as supporting ongoing projects, in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic work environment. Reporting to the Associate Director of Scientific Development and the Senior Vice-President of Research and Development, the Research Scientist will contribute to a multi-disciplinary team focused on translational research and drug development at Resverlogix Corp.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute scientific experiments to support the Resverlogix research and development program.
- Participate in scientific discussions, presentations, data review and setting objectives including providing updates on the status of research and projects (data summaries).
- Compile data, write, format, proof-read, and provide a critical review of scientific documents with consistency and accuracy within allotted timelines (such as: presentations, scientific journal articles, regulatory reports, etc.).
- Review and stay informed of the scientific and clinical landscape in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Manage logistics for external research collaborations and projects.
- Keep organized and up-to-date records of lab work on various projects, and changing research objectives.
- Permanent residency and/or Canadian citizenship.
- Ph.D. degree in a biology-related discipline, preferentially with a strong background in innate immunity, autoimmune disorders, inflammation, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and / or thrombosis.
- Background in epigenetic research would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience. Experience in the biotechnology sector, particularly in development of small molecules, is preferred.
- Sound theoretical and technical knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry techniques.
- Hands-on experience running lab experiments and equipment is required.
- Experience with characterization of complex biological systems and biological materials such as sera, proteins or lipids is an asset. Experience with human samples and / or cell lines is an asset.
- Ability to independently lead and drive multiple projects through critical assessment of the literature and protocol development according to both pre-set objectives and development of new objectives.
- Experience in handling complex data sets (high throughput screening or arrays such as bioinformatics and gene expression analysis) is preferred.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize work load and meet deadlines, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Proficiency with statistics programs such as GraphPad, and conducting statistical analyses (eg. regression, curve fitting, t-tests, etc.)
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com