Employees have the greatest impact on the success and value of Resverlogix. It is for this reason that we have fostered an environment that provides recognition, rewards and empowerment.
Position: Financial Accountant
Location: Resverlogix Corp. @ Calgary (WestMount Corporate Campus)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Resverlogix is seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join their Calgary Head Office Accounting team. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits including a competitive health and dental plan, matched up to 3% RRSP plan, stock option plan, and on-going professional development. Resverlogix common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:RVX). The company has offices in Calgary and San Francisco.
Resverlogix is a biotech company developing apabetalone (RVX-208), a first-in-class, small molecule that is a selective BET (bromodomain and extra-terminal) inhibitor. BET bromodomain inhibition is an epigenetic mechanism that can regulate disease-causing genes. Apabetalone is the only selective BET bromodomain inhibitor in human clinical trials. Apabetalone is currently being studied in a Phase 3 trial, BETonMACE, in high-risk CVD patients with type 2 DM and low high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
As the Financial Accountant, you will report to the Senior Director, Finance and Administration, and will work closely with the finance team and operations in being the key point person in accounts payable processes.
Financial Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all tasks related to the accounts payable cycle (purchase orders, invoicing, cheque runs)
- Manage the electronic approval workflow system for purchase orders and invoices (within a new document management system customized to integrate with the Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics) accounting system).
- Review all purchase order requisitions from operations against contract terms and correct accounting treatment.
- Co-manage the electronic employee expense report management system.
- Analyze if any outstanding purchase order line items not received should be accrued.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Prepare detailed A/P subledger and outstanding commitments reports and related quarter-end working papers, once completeness is verified.
- Perform quarter-end closing procedures including preparing quarterly GST returns, intercompany invoices, and quarter-end accruals (for vendor work completed and not invoiced).
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Assist with job costing including set up of jobs in the accounting system.
- Complete cheque runs and wire transfers.
- Assist with cash management (bank deposits and bank reconciliations, etc) and forecasting, as requested.
- Assist with payroll (prepare payroll as a backup), if needed.
- Assist in compiling the annual budgets.
- Assist in the evaluation of periodic financial results, including explanations in the budget vs actual report, and prior period variance analysis.
- Assist with preparing deliverables for the board of directors and external auditors.
- Assist with ICFR related initiatives including satisfying internal control testing requirements by external consultants.
- Assist in process and system development or enhancements as required.
Financial Accountant Requirements and Qualifications:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA) is considered an asset.
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Experience with accounting software is required (Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics) is preferred).
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role.
- Team player. Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
- A hard worker who has the ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines for themselves and their team in an environment with a high volume of activity, while being detailed, organized and thorough. Possesses strong time-management abilities.
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-driven.
How to Apply
Submit your resume by quoting "Financial Accountant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your submission will be reviewed carefully, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submission is February 2, 2018.